Thank you to all supporters!
Lawyers Granted Permission To Challenge Hackney’s Special Educational Needs Policies In High Court. Legal Experts Representing Affected Families Granted Judicial Review scheduled to take place October 31st-November 1st Click here for full update
Join our campaign forum app to stay up to date with Hackney's campaign against cuts to SEND.
As a campaign group we have called for “red lines “ around funding for disabled children as we do not want to see EHCP ‘s compromised nor do we want to see the SEN schools impacted or families denied transport or respite or anything else that supports children and families who often lead exceedingly difficult lives .
- 5% cuts to education, health and care plans are going ahead from 1st April 2018.
- The Council is negotiating with special schools and wants to make potential cuts of up to 13.5%.
- They are still looking at alternative funding arrangements for SEND in mainstream schools
and plan to make further significant cuts in April 2019.
- These SEND cuts total £1.9 million and there are more to come. The Council wants to cut a further £2-4 million.
- Transport and Pupil Referral Units are listed as future targets for cuts.
Hackney Council is proposing aggressive cuts to special needs services that would leave the borough’s most vulnerable children without essential support. The impact of these cuts would be devastating.